[NTG-context] vertical alignment in simpleslides

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Mar 6 06:28:42 CET 2011

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:

> Awesome!! This worked great. I need to understand what 2fill and 3fill
> does. I will try looking at Victor Eijkhout's book. But if you know of
> any other easy reference, please let me know.

Think of fill as a "spring" that pushes both sides. 2fill is a spring that
pushes twice as hard. With a \vskip 1ex plus 2fill at top and \vskip 1ex
plus 3fill at bottom, 2/5 th of the total blank space is on the top, and
3/5 th is at the bottom.

With inbetween=\vfill, and two items, the equation changes to

2/6th of the empty space on top
1/6th of the empty space inbetween the two items
3/6th of the empty at the bottom

Aditya