[NTG-context] vertical alignment in simpleslides

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Mar 6 05:56:48 CET 2011

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:

> Thanks for the response, Aditya.
>
> However, the first method
>
>    \setupitemize[before=\vfill,after=\vfill]
>
> does not change anything for me. The items are still at the top.

Didn't realize that you were using the Swoosh style, that sets its title
using a layer. Therefore you need to use

\setupitemize[before=\null\vfill, after=\vfill]

> The second one (\setupitemize[1][inbetween=\vfill]) changes things.
> However, the first item is at the top of the screen and the second is
> at the bottom. I would like them to be near the center. Something like
> what 'middle' does for horizontal alignment with two words, I want to
> do for vertical alignment.

This is useful only if the previous command works. You can play around
with the amount of fill at the start and end to create symmetric looking
layouts. For example:

\setupitemize[1][before={\null\vskip 1ex plus 2fill},
                  after={\vskip 1ex plus 3fill}]
\setupitemize[1][inbetween=\vfill]

(Actually, rather than using the low-level \vskip, it is better to use
ConTeXt high level interface using \blank. But I do not remember how
create \blank with vertical glue).

Aditya