[NTG-context] No widows and orphans

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:21:35 CET 2011

Am 01.03.2011 um 18:05 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> 2011/3/1 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>
>
> Am 01.03.2011 um 17:06 schrieb Philipp Stephani:
>
> > I don't know whether that still works in ConTeXt, but try
> > \interlinepenalty=10000
>
> It works but it’s to low level.
>
> There is also \interlinepenalties and ConTeXts \keeplinestogether (which use it) command but it doesn’t work
>
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{4}{\input tufte\par}
>
> \keeplinestogether{10}
> \input tufte\par
>
> \stoptext
>
> If you add before starttext \interlinepenalty=10000 it works. But alas, not in my case.

This will change the settings for all paragraphs while \keeplinestogether
only applies for a given number of line for the next paragraph.

Maybe this is what you want:

\starttext
\dorecurse{4}{\input tufte\par}
\start\interlinepenalty=10000 % keep the setting local
\input tufte\par
\stop
\stoptext

Wolfgang