[NTG-context] problems with bib

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 15:37:16 CET 2011

Hi list,

until now I used the bib module for my bibliography in a rather large
document in MkIV by calling \usemodule[bib].

Today I updated to version 2011.02.25 22:03 and the document does no
longer compile. I removed the above line from my document and it ran
again, but the "References" section was empty and I got "[[error 1]]"
everywhere I used \cite. So I changed \completepublications to
\completepublications[criterium=all]. Now I have the complete list of
references (I know, I asked for it) but instead I only want to have
those references in the list that I cited in the document.

Some questions:
(1) Is the bib module obsolete? If so, can someone provide me with a
small example how to properly make bibliographies now, preferably from a
.bib-file?

(2) If this is not already answered by the first question: How do I get
the references list to display only the cited entries from my
bibliography, "[criterium=?]"?

(3) What do I have to do to let context find the sample.bib database? I
get "I couldn't open database file sample.bib.bib" or "I couldn't open
database file sample.bib" in the output depending on whether I added
".bib" or not.

My current setup is this:
%\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database={mybibdatabase.bib}]
\setuppublications[alternative=ams, refcommand=num]
\setupcite[num][lastpubsep={, }]
\setupcite[author][left=, right=]
\completepublications[criterium=all]

Any help appreciated,