[NTG-context] [t-vim] Line numbers

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Feb 27 18:41:57 CET 2011

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Marco wrote:

>> To save time, t-vim (actually t-filter with continue=yes)
>> runs the external filter only in the first run; in the subsequent runs the
>> cached file is used. So, if I want to delete the temporary files, they
>> must be deleted in the last run. Right now, there is no means of detecting
>> the last run in MkIV.
>
> The only thing that comes to my mind is to delete the files (of course only
> when --purgeall is set) after *every* run. That's quite inefficient (since vim
> is run every time again) but it would produce correct ouput and delete the
> files.

The next version of t-filter will name the generated files as:

\jobname-temp-<filtername>.<filterextension>

and these files will be deleted by context --purge (in the next beta).
Note that this will **not** delete the files in the temp directory.
Neither will it delete "filename.ext.md5" if you use

    \type<vim>file{filename.ext}

Perhaps, in the future, it might be better to store the md5 sums in the
tuc files; but, right now, that is a low priority feature.

Aditya