[NTG-context] [t-vim] Line numbers

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Feb 27 00:24:33 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Marco wrote:

> context --purgeall filename
>
> should remove all temporary files belonging to the document like
>
> filename-externalfilter-CON-0.tmp     % not removed
> filename-externalfilter-CON-0.tmp.md5 % not removed
> filename-externalfilter-CON-0.vimout  % not removed
>
> So after the project is done one can run context --purgeall filename to get a
> clean directory structure without having to archive 30 temporary files.

I don't know how to implement this functionality and still provide a
working pdf. To save time, t-vim (actually t-filter with continue=yes)
runs the external filter only in the first run; in the subsequent runs the
cached file is used. So, if I want to delete the temporary files, they
must be deleted in the last run. Right now, there is no means of detecting
the last run in MkIV.

In MkII, we can force a final run with --final, but there is no means to
detect that run. Even if the mode could be detected, asking context to
delete temporary files forces another run, so the attachments will be
missing in the final run.

I am happy to provide the 'purge temp files' as a MkIV only feature, but I
don't know how to force (and detect) a final run in MkIV.

Aditya