[NTG-context] attachment attaches twice - more research

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 27 00:22:11 CET 2011

On 23-2-2011 12:35, Michail Vidiassov wrote:

> as far as I understand ConTeXt now can not link file attachment to
> arbitrary picture, just to some predefined icons. Am I right?

you can use symbols (as with fields and other widgets)

> Is it going to change? Soon? There are comments in the code about
> lack of measurement support for XForm - is that the issue and what
> that issue is?

unrelated, more a dev note

> I have already met that complaints in 3D Annotations support code.
> BTW, I am interested in FileAttachment Annotations as a way to
> work with 3D models. With LaTeX the main PDF file may contain a 2D picture,
> that can be displayed in any PDF viewer, but if you click on it in Adobe
> viewer attached PDF file opens with 3D model in it. That attached file
> may be produced by some third-party tool, since often such tools output
> not just 3D model fit for including in PDF, but a one-page PDF with the
> 3D model, complex JavaScript to control it (for example to animate it)
> and some intarctive text related to the model.

I'm not sure what you mean here. There is some u3d and shockwave
support. (I added u3d because someone asked it but the requester never
tested it). Anyhow, these features are only extended when we (luigi and
me) get proper public test files

Concerning attachments, the next beta will have a new definition model
with inheritance but the \use.. method is still there as well.

The hidden method will not place an annotation. Definition is not really
needed, so a direct \attachment works ok, but a bit of abstraction
(separation between definition and use) does not hurt

% old but stil valid method (consistent with other \use):
%
% \useattachment[test.tex]
% \useattachment[whatever][test.tex]
% \useattachment[whatever][newname][test.tex]
% \useattachment[whatever][title][newname][test.tex]
%
% new method:
%
% \attachment[test.tex]
% \attachment[whatever1][file=test.tex]
% \attachment[whatever2][file=test.tex,method=hidden]
% \attachment[whatever3][name=newname,file=test.tex]
% \attachment[whatever4][title=mytitle,name=newname,file=test.tex]
%
% indirect
%
% \defineattachment[whatever5][file=test.tex]
\attachment[whatever5][method=hidden]
% \defineattachment[whatever5][file=test.tex,method=hidden]
\attachment[whatever5]
%
% direct (no definitions)
%
% \attachment[test][file=oeps.tex,title=Oeps,author=Hans,subtitle=TeX
File,method=hidden]
%
\attachment[label=test,file=oeps.tex,title=Oeps,author=Hans,subtitle=TeX
File,method=hidden]
%
% autolabel:
%
% \attachment[file=oeps.tex,title=Oeps,author=Hans,subtitle=TeX
File,method=hidden]
%
% % \setupattachments[\c!symbol={symbol-normal,symbol-down}]