[NTG-context] \halign

Eythan Weg eythanweg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:16:06 CET 2011

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:20:01 +0100

   Am 24.02.2011 um 17:56 schrieb Eythan Weg:

   > Hi,
   >
   > I have just installed beta.
   >
   > The line:
   >
   > \starttext
   >   \halign{&\hfil#\hfil\quad\cr This& That\cr1&2\cr}
   > \stoptext
   >
   > is not typeset and the & are left in place.  What could be the problem?

   Since a while ^, _ and & can be used in text mode like any other character.

   You can disable this with \donknuthmode at the begin of your document or
   use the \aligntab where you would normally use & but the best thing is
   to use one of contexts build in table environment.

   Wolfgang

Thank you.  I think that \halign, being a primitive of tex, should be
respected.  If a user wants to use it, it should be usable
unconditionally.

Eythan