[NTG-context] [t-vim] Line numbers

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Feb 23 17:16:32 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Marco wrote:

>> So, the easiest solution is to move (or perhaps simlink) the file
>> to the temporary directory. Then you can include the file tmp/t.tex and
>> the md5 hash will be created in the tmp directory.
>
> It will probably work, but is not a nice solution in my opinion. It looks
> strange that the document includes files from the tmp directory. From a tmp
> directory I expect to be able to delete the content without any effects.

I do not make that assumption in t-vim. Currently there is no way to
specify the output directory to mtxrun --ifchanged. So, the only way that
I can implement this feature is to either manually copy the input file, or
manually copy the md5 file. I do not think that either of these options is
worth the trouble.

>>> Is it possible to convince the context script to remove the temporary
>>> stuff when called with the --purgeall option?
>>
>> I will look into that. I guess that the easiest way out is that, instead
>> of using .vimout extension, I use .tmp extension. Then, all the temporary
>> files will be removed by --purgeall.
>
> I don't think so. AFAIK --purgeall only deletes .tmp files with the basename
> as the document itself.
>
> I think it would make sense to convince --purgeall to be more grabby and to
> remove all .tmp files in the working dir + all files in the »directory« dir
> (here tmp). But I'm not sure about possible displeasing side effects, though.

I am not sure what you want. Do you want

context --purge filename

to remove all the temp files that t-vim creates, or do you want

context --purgeall

to delete all the files created by t-vim that reside in the current
directory?

Aditya