[NTG-context] [t-vim] Line numbers

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Wed Feb 23 16:43:02 CET 2011

On 2011-02-23 Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> The md5 hashes are in the same directory as the file. So, in case you are
> including a file from the current directory, the md5 hash will also be
> there.

So it's on purpose. I wasn't sure about that.

> So, the easiest solution is to move (or perhaps simlink) the file
> to the temporary directory. Then you can include the file tmp/t.tex and
> the md5 hash will be created in the tmp directory.

It will probably work, but is not a nice solution in my opinion. It looks
strange that the document includes files from the tmp directory. From a tmp
directory I expect to be able to delete the content without any effects.

Anyway, I don't really care, since I usually don't delete the temporary files.

> > Is it possible to convince the context script to remove the temporary
> > stuff when called with the --purgeall option?
>
> I will look into that. I guess that the easiest way out is that, instead
> of using .vimout extension, I use .tmp extension. Then, all the temporary
> files will be removed by --purgeall.

I don't think so. AFAIK --purgeall only deletes .tmp files with the basename
as the document itself.

I think it would make sense to convince --purgeall to be more grabby and to
remove all .tmp files in the working dir + all files in the »directory« dir
(here tmp). But I'm not sure about possible displeasing side effects, though.

Regards
Marco