[NTG-context] metapost fill between outlines

Reviczky, Adam adam.reviczky at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 11:04:03 CET 2011

>> Just as a thought ... what you currently do with metapost at the
>> moment is a bit of cheating to overcome lack of a feature in metapost
>> - there is still an infinitely thin line between segments and a dumb
>> renderer might display artifacts.
Yes, I am aware of this, just wanted to hear something from those who know metapost better.

>> If I wanted to draw a logo (very important graphic that will be used
>> more often) and if I had control points, I would consider creating a
>> raw postscript (EPS) graphics (filling with even-odd rule), convert it
>> to PDF when needed and then use it inside ConTeXt documents (or even
>> inside metapost graphics) as-is.
I'm doing something like that already, I was just curious to which extend I could use metapost for this.

>> You could also manually post-process the graphic generated by metapost
>> (removing the link between the inner and outer part of letters and
>> properly fill).
>> But if the current approach is fine with you ... just use it.
I think I'm happy with this solution. (Also, I was looking at the graphictext function, isn't that also doing similar things for filling out letters?)

>> Mojca
Thanks for explaining this!

Adam