[NTG-context] some equivalent of latex beamer \item<uncover at 1>?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 21 00:57:49 CET 2011

On 20-2-2011 7:58, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 21:35, Pau wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to implement a similar effect to latex beamer's
>>
>> \begin{itemize}
>> \item<uncover at 1>
>> \item<uncover at 2>
>> \item<uncover at 3->
>> \end{itemize}
>>
>> What'd be the equivalent/similar/better of that in ConTeXt?
>
> Apart from JavaScript-based mechanism somebody used to write t-rsteps
> module long time ago:
>      http://modules.contextgarden.net/t-rsteps
> which creates multiple slides instead of using JavaScript (the same
> way as Beamer does, but is probably more primitive).
>
> It worked nicely (I used it several times), but I haven't tested it
> recently, so I'm not sure if it still works fine with recent ConTeXt
> versions.
>
> It would be great if \StartSteps, \FlushStep, ... written by Hans
> would also optionally support creating multiple slides for viewers
> other than Acrobat.

Not in the short term, i might give it a try some day but I hate
mechanisms that interfere with others in unpredictable ways as do such
multiple page solutions (references, spacing etc) unless one sticks to
predictable structure and wants to patch core macros for this kind of
stuff which is not what I like. Also, I've never seen anyone do a
presentation with another viewer.

Hans

(who wonders why no one adds simple javascript support to the other pdf
viewers, a reasonable subset would do)