[NTG-context] Learning LuaTeX : Invoice

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 21 00:28:45 CET 2011

On 20-2-2011 9:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 20.02.2011 um 21:20 schrieb Philipp Gesang:
>
>> Anyways, looking forward to see your invoice code
>
> It would be more interesting to have something like luacalc [1] available
> in context. As it is only another kind of table one could insert the data
> with a syntax like this
>
> \startspreadsheet
>    \startrow
>      \startcell 3 \stopcell
>      \startcell 5 \stopcell
>      \startcell = A1 + A3 \stopcell
>    \stoprow
> \stopspreadsheet
>
> and the final result is printed with a natural table.

See attached file.

For this to work ok we need a reset hook into TABLE but it shows the
principle.

I think that we should stick close to lua so it's mostly a matter of tex
interfacing. I can even imagine named sheets so that results can be
recalled later on.

A nice distraction from more complex coding as this is rather simple so
I'll think a bit about it.