[NTG-context] defined symbols - question/feature suggestion

Johannes Kuester jk at typoma.com
Sun Feb 20 12:08:33 CET 2011

On 02/20/2011 12:40 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 20-2-2011 12:24, C. wrote:
>> I see.
>> So from your and all the other responses I take that matching math
>> font for Minion is not available until
>> (I) Minion Math supports ConTeXt (= commercial?!)
>> (II) Somebody ports MnSymbol files to ConTeXt
>
> Isn't the minion math companion an opentype math font then? Open type
> math works out of the box. For type1's one needs to create a definition
> set (not that complex if tex default encoding is used).

The Minion Math fonts are OpenType fonts. The next release (March 2011,
hopefully) will include the OpenType MATH table. And ConTeXt support.
For ConTeXt I haven't tested yet what will work out of the box and what
will need additional support (e.g. to access additional characters
encoded in the PUA; to access the 4 weights and the optical sizes).

And yes, the fonts are commercial. But Minion itself is commercial as
well. Of course all support files (for ConTeXt, LaTeX, ...) are / will
be available for free.

Johannes

--
Johannes Kuester