[NTG-context] Format of included PNG images

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Feb 17 20:57:04 CET 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Marco wrote:

> I read that most programs convert PNG images to JPEG images while creating PDF
> files.

The only time this will (or should) happen w/ any program is when creating a .pdf w/ a specification which sets pixel images to use compression JPEG compression.

I don't believe there are any pdf-creating tex implementations which will reprocess images in this fashion (normally they're simply encapsulated in the file as is).

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer