[NTG-context] using ConTeXt/LuaTeX instead of a spreadsheet program

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 16 18:47:15 CET 2011

Dear ConTeXt folks,

could you please share your experiences with or point me to a resource
dealing with the following issue.

I need to evaluate some physics experiments where I have some values
which got measured. I thought I could use ConTeXt with LuaTeX to do all
the calculations instead of the calculator and enter the results by hand
or a spreadsheet program.

Would I enter the values (not many) at the top of the TeX document and
refer to them in the other places? Is an extra file a better approach?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Programming_in_LuaTeX