[NTG-context] Stretching chapter titles - MKII

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Feb 16 16:20:44 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Tom wrote:

> I tried to execute MKIV by typing in context hello.tex and got an error
> message. Apparently something else needs to be installed.
>
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Run mtxrun --generate

> What major changes to my documents will I likely need to make to shift to
> MKIV?

- Font loading. Overall font loading is simpler, but you might need to
adapt your typescripts (on occasions I have had to define \sc in terms of
\addfontfeature, but I haven't checked if that is still needed).

- Regimes: MkIV assumes UTF-8.

- Headings: the setups for chapter and section stoppers and referencing
has changed. You have much more flexibility now, but need to adapt your
style files accordingly.

- Metapost: It is no longer possible to change the color of a label in
metapost. (You can set it up at TeX level, so this is not a
limitation...you just need to change the label commands).

Aditya