[NTG-context] running headers on postponed makeup

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Tue Feb 15 12:35:47 CET 2011

Am 22.12.2010 um 16:35 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 22-12-2010 4:14, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> wow, isn't this even worse?!
>
> depends on the view: consistency comes first, reasons why come next
>
>> Please look at your example (page 7) attached:
>>
>> Now you have
>> Header = 1.1 A
>> Section = 1.2 B
>>
>> Before it was
>> Header = 1.2 A
>> Section = 1.2 B
>>
>> And up to version 2010.09.29 the result was nicely
>> Header = 1.2 B
>> Section = 1.2 B
>>
>> .... and isn't this the way it should be?
>
> I'll have a look at it, it relates to some new features like strict testing (the biggest problem of marks is resetting them without interference and the old code by tex-design has more side effects than you can imagine (or maybe noticed). The new code is supposed to have no side effects but might take time to get right in all aspects.

Today I was contacted by our publisher as the printer found wrong header in the proof!
So there are still cases where it doesn't work reliable :o(

Even though in the original pages also footnotes and stuff are involved I managed to cook down a minimal that shows the mistake:
please run attached example.

On page 3 it is
header = 1.2 One
section = 1.1 One

(On page 4 starts a new section "1.2 Two"!)

Thanks,
Steffen
-------

\showframe
\setupbodyfont[postscript, 10pt]\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]

\definepapersize[Pape][width=14.7cm,height=22.3cm]
\setuppapersize[Pape][Pape]
\setuplayout
	[width=113mm,height=572pt\relax,
	backspace=17mm,topspace=17mm,
	header=12pt,headerdistance=6pt,
	footer=36pt,footerdistance=0pt,
	location=middle,marking=off]
\setupwhitespace[halfline]
\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location=]
\setupheader[align=middle]

\setupheadertexts
	[\vtop{\startalignment[center]\KolumneR\stopalignment}] [pagenumber]
	[pagenumber] [\vtop{\startalignment[center]\KolumneL\stopalignment}]
\def\KolumneL{{\convertnumber{Numbers}{\namedheadnumber{chapter}}.\,Teil:}\enskip\getmarking[EbeneEins]}
\def\KolumneR{\headnumber[section]\enskip\getmarking[section]}

\starttext
\chapter{X}
\section{One}
\page x \page