[NTG-context] Stretching chapter titles - MKII

Tom Tom at tuxedo-press.com
Tue Feb 15 01:45:43 CET 2011

Follows is some code that executes. The lines immediately following
\starttext create a sample of the desired output format. However, I want to
accomplish similar results for chapter titles via the passing of arguments
containing the chapter title and number. Numerous attempts at that have
resulted in abject failure. I am clearly missing something.

\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2
  {\switchtobodyfont[ss,30pt]
   \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
   \blank[small]
   \switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
   \hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}}

\setuphead[chapter]
 [command=\MyChapterCommand,
  header=empty,footer=chapter,page=mychapterpagebreak,
  after={\blank[0.5in]},before={\blank[force,1.0in]}]

\starttext
\switchtobodyfont[sans,30pt]
\hbox to \hsize {\stretched{Chapter\\One}}
\blank[small]
\switchtobodyfont[sansbold,20pt]
\hbox to \hsize {\stretched{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}}

\chapter{It\\Was\\The\\Best\\Of\\Times}
\input knuth
\stoptext

Tom Benjey