[NTG-context] Controlling the space between the number and the title in heads

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Sun Feb 13 18:29:02 CET 2011

maggyero at gmail.com writes:

> How to control the space between the number and the title in heads? By default
> it seems there is a space of about 1 em. I want to change that space and set a
> normal space instead (a word space), since I've put a dot stopper after the
> numbers (\setupheads[stopper=.]). Example:
>
> 1.     Title (what I get)
> 1. Title     (what I want)

% if you know how to get the width of 1 space:
\setuphead[section][stopper=., distance=WidthOf1Space]

% if you don't know, workaround:
\setuphead[section][stopper=.~\strut, distance=0pt]

\starttext
\startsection[title=test]
  bla
\stopsection
\stoptext

Related question: is there a macro, that returns the width of some
content, so that one can use "distance=\widthof{ }"?

--
           Peter