[NTG-context] qpdf broken with beta since 2001/02/08

Reviczky, Adam adam.reviczky at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 10 12:29:15 CET 2011

Hi

I have a problem using qpdf (http://qpdf.sourceforge.net/) with context beta since 2011.02.08.
Don't really know whose fault it is, but there might be something wrong with mkiv.

All I want to do is generating a linearized (web optimized) pdf using qpdf as hinted on this list (see http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/055626.html).
I was able to use it until context beta 2011.02.08, and getting an error since.

Here's what I'm doing:

1)
test.tex contains
%%%
\starttext
Hello world!
\stoptext
%%%

2) running "context test.tex" to make the pdf

3) running "qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf"
which creates the optimized out.pdf

So up until and including context beta 2011.02.05 everything was working.
---
reviczky at calcium ~/Desktop % qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf
reviczky at calcium ~/Desktop %
---

But since beta 2011.02.08 (10:06) I get just a very brief error:
---
reviczky at calcium ~/Desktop % qpdf --linearize test.pdf out.pdf
operation for Name object attempted on object of wrong type
2 reviczky at calcium ~/Desktop %                                              :(
---

Does anyone have a clue what might go wrong here?
Does context beta (mkiv) generates broken pdf's now? How can I check that?
qpdf isn't too helpful with that:
---
checking test.pdf
PDF Version: 1.6
File is not encrypted
File is not linearized
No syntax or stream encoding errors found; the file may still contain
errors that qpdf cannot detect
---

Perhaps there's something new in context that breaks the qpdf check?

Adam