[NTG-context] preventing ligatures in Type1 fonts under MKIV

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:22:15 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 19:30, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 09.02.2011 um 18:03 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> How can I disable fi ligatures and endashes in Lucida Typewriter?
>
> Load the font with texnansi encoding.

How exacly do you mean that; or rather - may I ask for an example? The
current typescript is defined in type-one.mkiv:

    \starttypescript [mono] [lucida]
        \definefontsynonym [LucidaTypewriter]
[\s!name:LucidaTypewriter]
        \definefontsynonym [LucidaTypewriterBold]
[\s!name:LucidaTypewriterBold]
        \definefontsynonym [LucidaTypewriterOblique]
[\s!name:LucidaTypewriterOblique]
        \definefontsynonym [LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique]
[\s!name:LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique]
    \stoptypescript

I could in principle use
    \definefontsynonym [LucidaTypewriter] [hlcrt8y] [encoding=texnansi]
but that is probably not what you meant, or at least not something
that would make much sense in the spirit of MKIV "guidelines".

Mojca