[NTG-context] Using virtual fonts defined with lua-code

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 9 14:52:13 CET 2011

On 9-2-2011 10:55, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> I downloaded the (hopefully) current lua-files from
> http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/context/alpha/tex/context/base/,
> renamed them and tested with luaotfload [2011/02/04 v1.23 OpenType
> layout system] (as a first step without the new font-lua.lua).

You can best test with the plain format first:

luatex --ini --fmt=luatex-plain

etc as that is the benchmark.

> * register_base_substitution has been renamed to
> registerbasesubstitution (used in luaotfload.lua line 137)
>
> * fonts.define seems to be named fonts.definers now (luaotfload.lua
> line 87)

indeed, and some probably will get cleaned up as some code is still
experimental

> * Instead of logs.report the context files use now report_prepare
> (with a different syntax) which is perhaps the source of the error
> I'm getting now:

You can probably define

function logs.reporter(c)
   return function(...)
     texio.write(c .. " : " .. string.format(...))
   end
end

somewhere if you want some logging.