[NTG-context] Using virtual fonts defined with lua-code

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 9 14:30:54 CET 2011

On 9-2-2011 12:23, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

>> You only need to load one extra file:
>>
>>       loadmodule('font-lua.lua')
>>
>> Then, if
>>
>>     \font\mine=file:luatex-fonts-demo-vf-1.lua at 12pt
>
> What are the search pathes for such virtual lua fonts? I suggested
> the file extension ".vflua" because I thought it would be senseful
> if not the search path for general .lua files is used. I wanted to
> put this virtual fonts in a dedicated location e.g. fonts/vflua/....

I'm not going to hard code something like that as it's a macro specific
issue. You can try (untested):

fonts.formats.vflua = "lua"

Paths and lookups are also a macro package issue and as khaled probably
has specific file lookup code for latex, I suppose that the lookup can
be handled there. If not, we can make the remapper extensible.

Anyhow, "tex" with "other text files" sounds good enough for me. Also, I
suppose that names should be unique and the files that you make in some
latex specific (sub)path in order not to clash. As this is not that
generic, maybe something: tex/latex/fonts/vflua is best.