[NTG-context] Typescript troubles with semibold font.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Feb 9 12:09:40 CET 2011

On 02/09/11 11:35, Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my goal is to use Minion Pro as text face and Myriad Pro as sans serif in
> headings etc. I use TeXlive, ConTeXt 2009.11.26 16:28, MKiV.

Based on ideas from the forthcoming book "context mkiv -- Fonts":

% note: I have deleted all lines except the relevant ones for defining
% the semi bold alternatives

\definefontalternative [sb]
\definefontalternative [si]

\definebodyfont [default] [ss]
  [sb=SansSemiBold sa 1,
   si=SansSemiBoldItalic sa 1]

\starttypescript [sans] [myriadpro]
   \definefontsynonym [MyriadPro-SemiBold]  [name:myriadprosemibold]
   \definefontsynonym [MyriadPro-SemiBoldIt][name:myriadprosemiboldit]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [sans] [myriadpro]
   \definefontsynonym [SansSemiBold]         [MyriadPro-SemiBold]
[features=default]
   \definefontsynonym [SansSemiBoldItalic]   [MyriadPro-SemiBoldIt]
[features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [myriadpro]
\definetypeface [myriadpro] [ss] [sans]     [myriadpro] [default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myriadpro]

\starttext

\switchtobodyfont[myriadpro,ss]