[NTG-context] Using virtual fonts defined with lua-code

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Feb 9 10:55:38 CET 2011

Am Tue, 08 Feb 2011 17:07:39 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>>> It's relatively easy to add support for that. However, when I've
>>> done that Khaled has to make sure that it also works in his wrapper
>>> code as I don't know to what extend he overloads code. I can only
>>> test in the plain variant and context.

>> I keep it as minimal as possible (I've even some "feature requests" to
>> keep our local changes more smaller, but no time to check it now).

> You only need to load one extra file:
>
>      loadmodule('font-lua.lua')
>
> Then, if
>
>    \font\mine=file:luatex-fonts-demo-vf-1.lua at 12pt
>
>    \mine \input tufte \par
>
> works ok, you're fine, otherwise you can delay integration.

I downloaded the (hopefully) current lua-files from
http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/context/alpha/tex/context/base/,
renamed them and tested with luaotfload [2011/02/04 v1.23 OpenType
layout system] (as a first step without the new font-lua.lua).

It doesn't work currently. I identified already some problematic
changes between the versions used currently by luaotfload and the
newest context files:

* register_base_substitution has been renamed to
registerbasesubstitution (used in luaotfload.lua line 137)

* fonts.define seems to be named fonts.definers now (luaotfload.lua
line 87)

* Instead of logs.report the context files use now report_prepare
(with a different syntax) which is perhaps the source of the error
I'm getting now:

J:/MiKTeX2.9/tex/luatex/luaotfload/otfl-luat-ovr.lua:19: bad arg
ument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil).

--
Ulrike Fischer