[NTG-context] math: `\overbar` with fractions and subscripts

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 4 12:14:33 CET 2011

Dear ConTeXt folks,

I do have some problem with the following example (also attached,
executed with `context test`).

        \starttext
        \startformula
        \overbar{q} = \frac{\overbar{q}}{\overbar{α_0}}
        \stopformula
        In text $\overbar{q} = \frac{\overbar{q}}{\overbar{α_0}}$.
        \startformula
        \overbar{q_0} = \frac{\overbar{q}}{\overbar α}
        \stopformula
        \stoptext

I am using the latest ConTeXt Minimals distribution.

        $ context --version

        MTXrun | main context file: /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
        MTXrun | current version: 2011.02.04 10:01

1. The bar divides for subscripts/indices.
2. If you look at the first fraction, the bar is as long as the stroke
from the fraction and therefore I think too long.
3. When inlining the fraction in text the bar fuses with the stroke from
the fraction.

Are these know problems or do I just use the wrong commands?

Thanks,

Paul