[NTG-context] Latest beta, simpleslides, and font loading

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:49:52 CET 2011

Am 03.02.2011 um 08:16 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> In the latest beta if I use the simplefonts module, the font database is regenerated at each run! For example, this file
>
> For example with this file:
>
> \usemodule  [simplefonts][size=10pt]
> \setmainfont[Cambria]
> \setmathfont[Cambria]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> the font database is regenerated at each run. If I replace the simplefonts setup with
>
> \setupbodyfont[cambria,10pt]
>
> the database is not regenerated. Any idea what is going wrong?

Here is a minimal example:

\starttext
\doiffontpresentelse{cambria}{yes}{no}
\doiffontpresentelse{unknown}{yes}{no}
\stoptext

Simplefonts tries a lot of name combinations (e.g. cambriaregular) with
the \doiffontpresentelse command to look if a font exists to find all
styles (regular, italic etc.) and now when when a entry in the database
with this name does not exist (second test above for 'unknown') context
regenerates the database.

> (In my actual document, I am using system fonts, I would like to use simpleslides module rather than write my own typescript).

Is this a option for you:

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][specserif][DejaVu Serif][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][specsans] [DejaVu Sans] [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

Wolfgang