[NTG-context] beta/problem with layers

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Feb 2 17:46:48 CET 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 2-2-2011 4:07, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> There is no point in not loading the fonts in the begining if one would
>> then have to come up with clever ways to force loading of a font. I hope
>> that there is a more robust solution so that
>
> well, it depends ... how many use lm for documents?

Don't know, but I am pretty sure that layers are used all over the place.
In most of my documents, I set the layers in an evironment file, which is
often loaded before \starttext.

> as Wolfgang mentioned, setting a layer will use the current font which might
> not be the same as one sets later;

Oh, that is a bigger problem. That means that the first thing in a style
should be font loading... if nothing else then just \setupbodyfont[11pt].

Perhaps \setlayer (or even \hbox!!) should issue a warning if the fonts
have not been loaded yet.

Aditya