[NTG-context] Too many column gaps in TABLE

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Mon Jan 31 19:11:22 CET 2011

Hi list,

please consider the appended example. I get a gap in the first row after
the first column because of the \setupTABLE command. However, I also get
a gap after the second column, because in the second row the first cell
just ended. Can this be considered a bug? (Mk IV)

If it's not a bug, how can I change this behavior? I only want to have
one gap right after the first cell in the first row and no other gaps
between the columns (so the second row shall have no gap at all). Do I
have to insert a dummy column with "width=1em" after the first cell and
change "nc=2" to "nc=3"?

Thanks in advance!
Stefan

\starttext
\setupTABLE[c][1][distance=1em] % Both \setupTABLE commands yield the same
%\setupTABLE[1][1][distance=1em]
\bTABLE
	\bTR \bTD gap after this column \eTD \bTD two \eTD \bTD we don't want a
gap \eTD \eTR
	\bTR \bTD[nc=2] first cell in second row \eTD \bTD \dots before the
third column \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE