[NTG-context] large right brace grouping lines of equations

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Jan 30 20:34:44 CET 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Jeong Dalyoung wrote:

> Here is my situation.
>
> ----- equation1 ---------------------
> ----  equation 2 ---------------------
> -----equation 3 ---- ]
> -----equation 4 ---- ] big rbrace for 3,4,5 and some text here
> -----equation 5 ---- ]
> -----equation 6 --------------------
>
> According to your suggestion, we can use \startmatrix for 3,4,5, but how to put text?

Do you also want equation numbers? If so, then that is not supported by
ConTeXt at the moment. If you do not want equation numbers, you can use

\startformula \startalign[n=1]
\NC equation 1 \NR
\NC equation 2 \NR
\NC \startmatrix[left={\left.}, right={\right\}}, n=1, align=middle]
     \NC equation 3 \NR
     \NC equation 4 \NR
     \NC equation 5 \NR
    \stopmatrix
    some text here           \NR
\NC equation 6 \NR
\stopalign \stopformula

> I googled  and found a similar question in LaTeX, but the answer is to use tikz.

With LaTeX, you can also use mathtools package, which is much easier to
use.

> How do you think?

Math support will be reworked at some stage in MkIV.

Aditya