[NTG-context] TTF fonts and MKIV

John Haltiwanger john.haltiwanger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 10:17:06 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 29.01.2011 um 06:42 schrieb David Rogers:
>
> > * John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> [2011-01-28 16:39]:
> >
> >> Is there a short, simple guide somewhere that shows how to use TTF and
> >> OTF fonts in Context? I downloaded the new Fonts chapter but it goes
> >> deep into the weeds on typescripts etc.  I am looking for a method
> >> that allows me to do in Context what I can already do in most other
> >> DTP programs: simply designate for use a font or font family that
> >> exists in /usr/share/fonts without typescripts, complex and confusing
> >> aliasing schemes or tfm files.
> >
> > The Simplefont module by Wolfgang Schuster is very good for my (not
> > highly demanding) purposes. Certainly it is intended to do just what you
> > describe.
>
> Or you use \definetypeface and specserif, specsans and specmono, e.g.
>
> \definetypeface[mainface][rm][specserif][Times New Roman][default]
> \definetypeface[mainface][ss][specsans] [Arial]          [default]
> \definetypeface[mainface][tt][specmono] [Courier]        [default]
> \definetypeface[mainface][mm][math]     [times]          [default]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
>> \stoptext

I've added this to the wiki page on using Fonts in LuaTeX, but since I don't
know anything about these spec settings it for now just consists of our
example Wolfgang. If you send back some explanations then I will add them to
the wiki as well.

Are these basically the same settings as used in simplefonts?