[NTG-context] TTF fonts and MKIV

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:55:57 CET 2011

Am 29.01.2011 um 06:42 schrieb David Rogers:

> * John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> [2011-01-28 16:39]:
>
>> Is there a short, simple guide somewhere that shows how to use TTF and
>> OTF fonts in Context? I downloaded the new Fonts chapter but it goes
>> deep into the weeds on typescripts etc.  I am looking for a method
>> that allows me to do in Context what I can already do in most other
>> DTP programs: simply designate for use a font or font family that
>> exists in /usr/share/fonts without typescripts, complex and confusing
>> aliasing schemes or tfm files.
>
> The Simplefont module by Wolfgang Schuster is very good for my (not
> highly demanding) purposes. Certainly it is intended to do just what you
> describe.

Or you use \definetypeface and specserif, specsans and specmono, e.g.

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][specserif][Times New Roman][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][specsans] [Arial]          [default]
\definetypeface[mainface][tt][specmono] [Courier]        [default]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math]     [times]          [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
…
\stoptext