[NTG-context] \bufferprefix in MKIV

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:13:02 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 23:53, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 26.01.2011 um 17:46 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> one of the latest versions of MKIV breaks the following code:
>>    \edef\GNUPLOTfile  {\bufferprefix gnuplot-\GNUPLOTnumber}%
>> since \bufferprefix is not defined any more. Is there any reason for
>> that? In particular ...
>
> MkIV stores the buffer content in memory and therefore no external
> file was generated which needed a protected name with \bufferprefix.
>
> When you save a buffer with \savebuffer[…] context adds \jobname
> as prefix to the file, therefore you can use \jobname in \GNUPLOTfile.

I see that the line
    core-fil.mkiv:\def\bufferprefix{\ifprotectbuffers\jobname-\fi}
has recently disappeared from ConTeXt (after 14th January in any case).

Well ... I can use "\jobname-" of course. I only didn't know if the
change was intentional or not, in particular because the command is
still referenced in quite some mkiv files.

Mojca