[NTG-context] first-setup for windows

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:32:34 CET 2011

2011/1/26 Procházka Lukáš <lpr at pontex.cz>:
> Hello Mojca,
>
> I launched your modified first-setup.bat - it seems the latest Ctx version
> was updated successfully.

Thanks a lot for testing ...

> BTW: It normally happens to me that I have to run 'mtxrun --generate' after
> I updated Ctx.

(or that format generation breaks ...)

> So if you thought this would be useful (actually it may depend on whether an
> explicit 'mtxrun --generate' after update is necessary what I don't know -

It *is* necessary if some new files appear. The problem was that
usually the wrong mtxrun was called which had zero effect since it
possibly updated the cache in TeX Live or some other ConTeXt
distribution (under another path).

You can try the following:
- make sure that there is no tex in your path (set PATH ...)
- delete texmf-cache
- delete some files (for example context.mkiv and a few random other files)
- call first-setup.bat (the modified version that I sent you without
an explicit mtxrun --generate)
- call setuptex (or manually set PATH)
- try to compile some file

The mtxrun --generate at the end of script doesn't really help since
already the format generation is broken if some new files arrive.

Thanks,
    Mojca