[NTG-context] first-setup for windows

Procházka Lukáš lpr at pontex.cz
Wed Jan 26 21:47:56 CET 2011

Hello Mojca,

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:31:47 +0100, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask windows users to test the attached setup file if
> it works any better (and to make sure that I didn't do any mistakes
> while typing).
>
> I have put the updated version of first-setup.sh on the server
> already, but for Windows I simply don't dare to do it until somebody
> confirms that it seems to be ok. In both cases it would be great to
> get feedback if the problems with missing files are solved.
>
> Mojca

I launched your modified first-setup.bat - it seems the latest Ctx version was updated successfully.

I also tried to compile some sample files - no problem.

OS: WinXP Home Edition, SP3.

BTW: It normally happens to me that I have to run 'mtxrun --generate' after I updated Ctx.

Not today (? - I don't know why); but normally I'm using a slightly modified 'first-setup.bat' calling mtxrun automatically.

So if you thought this would be useful (actually it may depend on whether an explicit 'mtxrun --generate' after update is necessary what I don't know - always reality shows me), it might be good to add the call to the end of first-setup.bat (see the attached first-setup-alt.bat).

Best regards,

Lukas