[NTG-context] problem with margin=0pt

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 16:01:23 CET 2011

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> writes:

> When you use “location=hanging” and set the margin to 0pt contexts sets
> the margin to 1.5em. I don’t know what do you want to achieve but maybe
> “location=serried” is what you want.

Another question: does it make sense, that context overwrites the
margin=0pt?

Imagine, you have some wrapper (simplified user-friendly macro):

\definedescription[SpecialDesc][location=hanging, margin=1em] % 1em = default
\def\SetMargin#1{\setupdescriptions[SpecialDesc][margin=#1]}

Now, because of this (for me unexpected) behaviour, the \SetMargin
becomes more complicated:
if #1 == 0pt then location=serried else margin=#1 endif

IMHO, it would make more sense, if context just accepts the user
supplied margin, and when location=hanging and margin=0, then it prints
a warning message: "Hey, you can get the same with location=serried!" ;)

--
           Peter