[NTG-context] new beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jan 26 10:32:39 CET 2011

On 26-1-2011 9:41, Thomas Schmitz wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:26:18 +0100
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

>>> There appears to be a problem (for quite some time, not just for the
>>> current
>>> beta) of the robustness of \loadmarkfile{}. Indeed, quite often, the
>>> conditions
>>> under which this occurs is not clear to me, but almost systematically,
>>> updating the minimals gives such errors. The update succeeds by
>>> entering the
>>> full path, such as
>>> /usr/local/context/beta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/catc-ini.mkiv
>>> and repeating the whole path many times, for all instances of unfound
>>> markfiles
>>> (under X11, right-click is your friend)!
>>>
>>> It is strange, as the update process finds the other files perfectly
>>> well, and
>>> is really annoying.
>>
>> it is probably a side effect of files being renamed, i.e. the new name
>> is mkiv while the old one is tex; in that case the file database has
>> to be rebuild (using mtxrun --generate); it can also happen when there
>> are new files added
>>
>> so, the main question is: why isn't "mtxrun --generate" run?
>>
>> Hans
>
> Yes, I have encountered this problem many times during the last weeks.
> Aborting the format-making, rerunning mtxrun --generate works too, after
> that, all the files that have been flagged before are found. So the
> question is: is mtxrun --generate maybe run too early in the process,
> before all the files are copied into their place?

I just synced the minimals on a xubuntu virtual machine and it works ok.
I never saw that problem, and recently I updated 6 machines that ran the
minimals without problems (and i see mtxrun --generate being run). Maybe
next time capture all the messages on the console so that we can see
what happens at your end.