[NTG-context] no pdf output using `texexec --lua hello.tex`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 25 17:36:12 CET 2011

Dear ConTeXt folks,

I am still trying to get ConTeXt Minimals up and running. I am using the
hello world sample from the Wiki [1].

The following command does not produce any output.

        $ ./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --lua hello.tex
        MTXrun | kpse fallback with progname 'context' initialized in 0.06 seconds
        TeXExec | processing document 'hello.tex'
        TeXExec | no ctx file found
        TeXExec | tex processing method: context
        TeXExec | TeX run 1
        TeXExec | writing option file hello.top
        TeXExec | using randomseed 798
        TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
        TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
        LuaTools | using format name: /home/joe/luatex-cache/context/6300afb4995fe38c77e9b86ed1ef1028/formats/cont-en.fmt
        LuaTools | no luc/lua with name: /home/joe/luatex-cache/context/6300afb4995fe38c77e9b86ed1ef1028/formats/cont-en
        LuaTools |
        LuaTools | runtime: 0.013 seconds

        TeXUtil | unable to locate hello.tui
        TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
        TeXUtil | expansions: 0
        TeXUtil | reductions: 0
        TeXUtil | divisions : 0
        TeXUtil | loaded files: 0
        TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
        TeXUtil | commands: 0
        TeXUtil | programs: 0
        TeXUtil | tuo file saved
        TeXExec | runtime: 0.092218

I ran `./tex/texmf-linux/bin/texexec --make --all` beforehand too as in
advised in the bugs and workarounds Wiki page.

Do you have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/First_Document
[2] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bugs_and_workarounds