[NTG-context] Using \pdfnames and friends.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Tue Jan 25 12:29:18 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to use \pdfnames with MkIV, but I can see from the sources
that it's a no-op and should be replaced with \pdfbackendsetname.
So I use \pdfbackendsetname{EmbeddedFiles}{22 0 R}, trying to achieve
the same thing as \pdfnames{/EmbeddedFiles 22 0 R}, but "22 0 R" is
surrounded by parentheses, as if it were a PDF string, so that I end up
with the useless "/EmbeddedFiles (22 0 R)".
Similarly, \pdfbackendsetcatalog{PageMode}{/UseOutlines} produces
"/PageMode (/UseOutlines)".
What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Paul