[NTG-context] Forming paragraphs

Procházka Lukáš lpr at pontex.cz
Sun Jan 23 13:38:07 CET 2011

Hello,

I would need to form paragraphs to such a shape:

Abc defhi jklm nop qrst uvw
   xyz. ABCDE FGHIJKL MNOPQR
   STUW XYZ.

Abc defhi jklm nop qrst uvw
   xyz. ABCDE FGHIJKL MNOPQR
   STUW XYZ.

Abc defhi jklm nop qrst uvw
   xyz. ABCDE FGHIJKL MNOPQR
   STUW XYZ.

<-- \textwidth ---------->|

I.e. paragraphs whose first lines are always \textwidth in width and whose next lines are always somehow indented.

I achieved the desired shape by the following combination of \setupnarrower and \setupindenting:

---
\starttext
   \setupnarrower[left=2em]
   \startnarrower[1*left,0*right]
     \setupindenting[yes,-2em]
     \input knuth
   \stopnarrower
\stoptext
---

But I would like to ask whether this way is "clean" enough and/or there is a better way, especially via a kind of \setup<something> command, e.g. something like:

\setupparagraph[MySpecialParagraph][first=0pt,next=2em]
\startparagraph[MySpecialParagraph]
   Abc defhi jklm nop qrst uvw xyz. ABCDE FGHIJKL MNOPQR STUW XYZ.
\stopparagraph

% or:

\startMySpecialParagraph
   Abc defhi jklm nop qrst uvw xyz. ABCDE FGHIJKL MNOPQR STUW XYZ.
\stopMySpecialParagraph

Kind regards,

Lukas