[NTG-context] Labels in MetaPost (MetaObj)

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Sun Jan 23 12:40:39 CET 2011

On 22.01.2011 17:30, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Stefan Müller wrote:
>
>> So its either using text or using metaobj? Too bad, metaobj is quite
>> fun... I still hope you guys can fix this, but it's not urgent (to me).
>>
>> Anyway, what does the [+] after \startMPinclusions? I did not find
>> documentation for that on the wiki.
>
> \startMPinclusions
> path a ;
> \stopMPinclusions
>
> \startMPinclusions
> a := (0,0) -- (1cm,0) ;
> \stopMPinclusions
>
> will fail, because the second inclusions overwrites the first. If you
> use [+], then the second inclusions in appended after the first.

Thank you for the explanation. So if I only have one "inclusions
section" it doesn't matter?

>> Just as a wild guess I tested the example below today, trying to make
>> use of the things Aditya said, but to no avail.
>
> The trick is to ensure that the offending code (assignObj) is not run
> twice.

Your example works perfect. Many thanks for that as well. I didn't
realize, that assignObj is causing the trouble, but now it's obvious.
I'm just curious: the MP-code is only run twice by context if it
contains labels, right? Otherwise I don't understand why the assignObj
isn't always failing.

> @Hans, can we have a `trialtypesetting` for MP code?
>
> Aditya

Stefan