[NTG-context] Endnote-problem

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:04:54 CET 2011

Am 21.01.2011 um 13:10 schrieb Robert Blackstone:

> Dear list,
>
> While preparing a contribution for a conference proceedings I
> encountered a weird problem that I don't know how to tackle:
> First, the editor wants endnotes, no footnotes. So I collected all
> "footnotes" in a separate section at the end (\subject{Notes}
> \placefootnotes). That works in principle.
> The paper contains several longish quotations in both the original
> language and in English translation.
> The editor wants the original text in the endnotes. So I put them
> there, in blockquotes. Works too, in principle.
> However, this results in more than one page of notes. But here
> ConTeXt, neither mkii nor mkiv, does not insert a page break. Instead
> it tries to place everything on one page, ignoring the layoout below
> the header. The result is that only half of the notes turn up in the
> pdf. The rest is cut off. After the truncated list of notes there
> follows an empty page.
> What can I do about it?

You can send us a minimal example of your problem because I’m unable
to reproduce your problem.

\setupnote[footnote][location=none]
\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][spacebefore=]
\starttext

\dorecurse{100}
  {\dorecurse{#1}{text }%
  %\footnote{\startblockquote\dorecurse{#1}{text }\stopblockquote} }
   \footnote{\dorecurse{#1}{text }} }

\subject{Notes}

\placenotes[footnote]

\stoptext