[NTG-context] escape in verbatim text eats line breaks

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Fri Jan 21 14:13:07 CET 2011

Because of the new beta I tried it again with a current Mk IV version
(2011.01.18 19:34).

The examples I provided (from the wiki, now abbreviated, with numbering)
have correct line breaks but the second line does not get a number.

\setuptyping[TEX][escape=yes, numbering=line]
\startTEX
/BTEX\em sometex/ETEX
/BTEX\em sometex/ETEX \after
\stopTEX
\setuptyping[TEX][escape={[[,]]}]
\startTEX
[[\em sometex]]
[[\em sometex]] \after
\stopTEX

The example from Peter Münster works worse: now there is one line break
more instead of one less. In addition the escaped line does not get a
number as above. It works if the line starts with (non-escaped) text,
space or tab.

\definetyping[Test][escape={/,/}, numbering=line]
\starttext
Two line breaks between the first two blas \\
The second bla does not get a number
\startTest
bla
/bla/
bla
\stopTest
\stoptext

In the examples above there's a difference when using start/stopTEX with
setuptyping[TEX] and when using start/stopTest with definetyping[Test].
I don't know why.

Thank you so far, Hans. Best regards,
Stefan.