[NTG-context] Endnote-problem

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:10:47 CET 2011

Dear list,

While preparing a contribution for a conference proceedings I
encountered a weird problem that I don't know how to tackle:
First, the editor wants endnotes, no footnotes. So I collected all
"footnotes" in a separate section at the end (\subject{Notes}
\placefootnotes). That works in principle.
The paper contains several longish quotations in both the original
language and in English translation.
The editor wants the original text in the endnotes. So I put them
there, in blockquotes. Works too, in principle.
However, this results in more than one page of notes. But here
ConTeXt, neither mkii nor mkiv, does not insert a page break. Instead
it tries to place everything on one page, ignoring the layoout below
the header. The result is that only half of the notes turn up in the
pdf. The rest is cut off. After the truncated list of notes there
follows an empty page.
What can I do about it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,