[NTG-context] Translating PDF-files

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:35:42 CET 2011

2011/1/19 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Already done. What looked the most promissing was pdftohtml. Just
> wondering
> > if there is a better way.
> What y do you want exactly ?
> Preserve structure ? formulas ? layout ?
> As far as these informations are not embedded (tagged) into the pdf
> you have to  do (a lot of) manual work .

My contact 'just' wants to translate the document. I already told him that
this is easier said than done. But he is adamant. (Notwithstanding that
several people already gave up on his quest.) I think structure and layout
should be maintained. But I think it will be mostly 'simple' documents with
text and some graphics. So I do not expect to have formula trouble.

Also google for pdfdraw mupdf

I will do that.

--
Cecil Westerhof