[NTG-context] Differences for \Vert in mkii and mkiv

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:04:13 CET 2011

Dear Aditya, dear Hans,

I noticed a serious difference between what one gets for \left\Vert in mkii and in mkiv.
Probably this is due to the fact that in mkiv the glyph for \Vert is constructed in a different manner, but as far as I know from what I see in the mathematical printed materials, the correct one, or the expected one, is the output from mkii.
I join two small PDF files obtained with the typesetting of the following minimal example:

%%% begin test-Vert.tex
\let\|=\Vert
\starttext
Look at the differences between mkii output and that with mkiv:
\startformula
\left\Vert\int_0^1 G(\cdot,s)ds\right \|_{L^q} \lesssim \|G\|_{L^p}.
\stopformula

\stoptext

%%% end test-Vert.tex

Is there a way to redefine locally \Vert (or \|) so that in mkiv one gets the same output as with mkii?

Thanks in advance: OK