[NTG-context] Replacing a piece of a paper

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:03:46 CET 2011

Am 12.01.2011 um 11:56 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for the code.
>
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:30:39 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> \define[2]\Replacement
>>  {\startTEXpage[background={foreground,replacement}]%

{\startTEXpage

>>   \layeredtext
>>     [corner={right,bottom},location={left,top}]
>>     [background=color,backgroundcolor=white,offset=0pt]
>>     {\externalfigure[#2]}
>>     {\externalfigure[#1]}
>>   \stopTEXpage}
>>
>> \useexternalfigure[big]  [hacker][scale=3000]
>> \useexternalfigure[small][cow]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \Replacement{big}{small}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> \layeredtext is described in the details manuals.
>
> Which exactly do you mean? I searched for some information about "\layeredtext" and "\startTEXpage[background=".

You don’t need “backround={…}”, it’s a leftover from a earlier attempt to find a nice solution to your problem.

\startTEXpage … \stopTEXpage produce a separate page for it’s content where the page is a large as the content itself, try:
\starttext
\input knuth\par
\startTEXpage[width=10cm]
\input knuth\par