[NTG-context] ConTeXt does not execute MetaPost (in debian experimental)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:56:20 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 06:00, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Aditya, hi all,
>
> On Mo, 10 Jan 2011, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Assuming that Norbert packaged ConTeXt package in debian testing, I am
>> CCing this message to him.
>
> So it seems that current Context has changed something, anyone can help
> me here?
>
> Up to now I did:
>        export TEXMFCNF=/usr/share/texmf/web2c
>        luatools --generate --verbose
> after which everything was working.
>
> Now I get:
> [~] luatools --generate --verbose
>
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to '/usr/share/texmf/web2c'
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
> MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'

Hans, TEXOS cannot be /usr for various reasons.

> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-base.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'base.lua' or 'mtx-base.lua'
>
> BTW, why does this mtxrun not *SAY* what file it is searching for???

texmfcnf.lua, but I cannot answer the "why" part.

> Just
>        warning: no lua configuration files found
> is as useful as ... welll ... I stop here.
>

> In /usr/share/texmf/web2c/ there is a contextcnf.lua which looks like:
> return {
>
>    type    = "configuration",
>    version = "1.0.2",
>    date    = "2010-06-07",
>    time    = "14:49:00",
>    comment = "ConTeXt MkIV configuration file",
>
> Is there something missing?

It should probably be called texmfcnf.lua instead of contextcnf.lua.
And there's also a high chance that the settings in that file are
wrong if you just took the file from distribution. The settings should
somehow match the contents in texmf.cnf.

(What version of ConTeXt is this?)

Mojca