[NTG-context] Unreadable characters in embedded PDF file

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jan 10 10:05:32 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 10:00 AM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Thanx Taco...
> I just have found an interesting thing.
> If PDF file which is by Scribus generated (which in itself is useless)
> and then "print" by PDFCreator (or PDFXchange) to new PDF file, then the
> resulting PDF file can now be put into ConTeXt resulting PDF document
> without any problem. It probably means that the problem is in Scribus
> isn't it?

Not really. It does indeed mean that your almost certainly have the
same problem as in that thread I linked. Scribus creates a slightly
unusual Pdf, but the bug in luatex. PDFCreator converts the pdf to
something more common, and that is why that helps, but Scribus' pdf
is fine by itself.

Best wishes,
Taco